Wickford Extended Services Ester 15 Update……………….
Welcome to Wickford Extended Services and Wickford CLC.
Wickford Extended Services is an out of school activity programme funded and delivered by the Wickford Schools. Extended Services is based at the Wickford CLC which is managed by the Wickford Primary & Special Schools to offer the children of Wickford a collaborative learning centre using technology and resources together with their peers from other primary schools in Wickford. The CLC is partially funded by additional lets for corporate and community organisations. For more information please call Rachel Voller, Wickford CLC Manager on 01268 562879.
If you need directions to the Wickford CLC please click the link CLC Directions 13 Normal Parking Wickford CLC, Grange Avenue, Wickford, Essex, SS12 0LZ 01268 562879
Extended Services Easter Holiday Activities for Children and Families in Wickford
Lots more activities to enjoy from Tuesday 7th to Friday 10th April, click on bookable activities to take a look.
IMPORTANT NOTICE – DUE TO A RECENT CHANGE IN LEGISLATION ALL CHILDREN IN RECEPTION AND KS1 ARE NOW ENTITLED TO A FREE SCHOOL MEAL. FOR THE PURPOSES OF OUR DISCOUNT SCHEME FOR HOLIDAY ACTIVITIES ,THIS DOES NOT MEAN ALL CHILDREN IN RECEPTION AND KS1 QUALIFY FOR THE 50% DISCOUNT.
THIS DISCOUNT CAN ONLY BE APPLIED TO FAMILIES RECEIVING INCOME SUPPORT AND WHOSE SCHOOL IS ACCESSING PUPIL PREMIUM FUNDING. APOLOGIES FOR THE CONFUSION AS THE DISCOUNT SCHEME HAS HISTORICALLY REFERRED TO THIS AS FREE SCHOOL MEALS BUT WE WILL NOW HAVE TO CHANGE THE NAME AS IT IS CONFUSING BASED ON THE NEW MEAL POLICY AT SCHOOLS.
IF YOUR CHILD DOES ACCESS PUPIL PREMIUM FUNDING AT THEIR SCHOOL YOU CAN STILL CONTACT US FOR THE DISCOUNT. PLEASE CALL 01268 562879, OFFICE HOURS ONLY, FOR AUTHORISATION PRIOR TO BOOKING.
Once again we will be delivering a fun packed programme of activities for all the family and your children to enjoy this Easter. Activities will run from Monday 30th March to Thursday 2nd April and from Tuesday 7th April to Friday 10th April. All activities are now uploaded and ready for you to book! Newsletters will be distributed via book bags w/c 23rd March 15. Lots of subsidised coach trips and sessional activities included. If you have any ideas for day trips or activities please let me know ASAp by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Summer Programme will commence Tuesday 21st July through to Friday 21st August. We have decided to exclude the last week of the holidays as bookings for this week over the last few years have been much lower than other weeks. Once again any suggestions for activities please let us know.
Weekly Badminton Club
Every Friday 5.30pm to 6.30pm Bromfords Sports Centre – run by Wickford Extended Services, £3 per week payable half termly in advance. Any skill level, age 7+, lots of teens attending – a good activity for the teens as well as younger children. Separate courts for different ages and abilities. Can bring own equipment or borrow the providers. 01268 562879 for further information.
Wickford Extended Services Youth Clubs at the Wickford CLC – open to any children living or attending school in Wickford. SPACES AVAILABLE – NEW OFFER – REDUCED WEEKLY ENTRY IF PAID IN ADVANCE
Weekly term time only, £2.50 per session if paid on the first week of opening each half term, for the subsequent half term (5, 6 or 7 weeks) otherwise the entry is £3.50 per week if paid weekly.. Your children can enjoy xbox, wii, karaoke, ipads, apple mac laptops, table tennis, pool, themed activities, crafts, cafe, lots of fun and great social atmosphere. £10 annual membership fee payable on second session.
Thursday Yr 3 to 5 – 3.30pm to 5.15pm, Thursday Yr 6/7/8 – 6.15pm to 8pm
Please call Rachel Voller on 01268 562879, registration form to be completed at first session.
Fantastic Party and Hire Options at the CLC — New party flyer coming out with your summer newsletter - check your child’s book bag.
Want a fantastic party for your child’s birthday? Wickford CLC offers a number of options for children’s parties to suit all ages, making use of the fantastic facilities and space the CLC has to offer including: Exclusive rate for Ziggy Zoo (children’s entertainer from 0 to teens), FOAM Party, Minecraft Party, Craft Party, Inflatables Party, Games Party and more .. Or just hire the hall and do your own thing, excellent venue for charity fundraising events, workshops, training and events – large hall costs £50 per hour and the smaller hall (up to 20 children) costs £40 per hour. Call Rachel Voller on 01268 562879 for more details and availability. Parties available for up to age 13. Bookings are not available for adult celebrations.
Discounted ADVENTURE ISLAND TICKETS
We will have a limited stock of Discounted Adventure Island Wristbands only . If you wish to purchase tickets please come to the Wickford CLC weekdays between 9.30am to 11am (exc bank holidays and weekends)
Blue Band £15.00 Green/Red £11.50
Cheque or cash only please
Information at your finger tips for services in Wickford for you and your family ….
NEW Parent Directory is now available to view, please click on Parent Support on the home page of the Wickford Extended Services website and then the link to the directory. Please note a new directory is currently being compiled, for inclusion please call Rachel Voller on 01268 562879.
Emotional Health and Well Being
As part of our Extended Services work we use the EHWB fund in conjunction with individual school contributions to provide early intervention for families and pupils who are needing support and additional services. Our two counsellors Kerry and Sue provide individual family and pupil support as well as training for staff to promote pupils’ well being, parent workshops and signposting/liaison with other agencies in order to support families facing difficult times. Please see your Wickford School for further information and access details.
USERNAME AND PASSWORD
If you cannot log in it may be your username that is wrong and not your password. If you cannot remember your username there is a link on the home page to help you retrieve your username. If this is unsuccessful then please call the Wickford CLC on 01268 562879 during office hours. Again calls to reset usernames and passwords would be preferred to be taken during the hours of 9am and 11am during the holiday period. This is to help us manage the workload leading up to and during the holidays. A specific person will be available during 9am and 11am to help you. Please call again if you do not get through the first time.
Password reminders are sent via the website when you request password reminder. Please check your spam or junk mail or promotions tab (gmail) if you are unable to find the email before calling. The email reminder will be immediate – please call if it does not turn up within half an hour of your request. At weekends please text Rachel Voller on 07795972477 to request a password reset and you will called to reset when convenient. We are small team behind a big project so please help us to be as efficient as possible by following these guidelines.
IMPORTANT NOTICE RE FREE SCHOOL MEALS DISCOUNT SCHEME
Important Notice. It has come to my attention today that there is some confusion relating to the Wickford Extended Servicesf discount scheme for families on low income. Following the new legislation that all children in reception and KS1 now receive a free school meal does NOT mean that they are entitled to the discount offered for holiday activities. Unfortunately the name of our scheme is now misleading as the new meal scheme also refers to these as free school meals! The discount scheme is only applicable to families on a low income whose child is accessing pupil premium funding at their school (which is what Free School Meals used to refer to!). Families meeting this criteria only are able to claim the discount and will need to call Rachel Voller on 01268 562879 prior to booking.
Apologies for any confusion, I hope this now clarifies the terms of the scheme. Please share this notice with your fellow facebookers!
FREE SCHOOL MEAL DISCOUNT IMPORTANT PRE PLANNING REQUIRED - please note prices for Free School Meal discount are shown on each activity where applicable – please only select this price if you have been authorised to do so by Rachel Voller (01268 562879). FSM is not available on travel only coach trips but is available where there is a price for admission and travel (i.e. Thorpe Park) Price selection and total cost per booking is policed and your booking will be cancelled should you select the FSM price without authorisation. Due to the limitations of the software package used to run the scheme we are unable to offer a promotional code for FSM customers as originally intended.
SPECIAL NEEDS – ONE TO ONE SUPPORT – IMPORTANT – PRE PLANNING REQUIRED
If your child attends any school in Wickford (other than Castledon) and requires one to one support to be able to access an activity then help is available. Please call Rachel Voller on 01268 562879 or email email@example.com for further information and details. Please call in advance of the schools closing where possible as approval for funding needs to be sought prior to you booking.
Extended Services Payment Guidelines
Please note Wickford Extended Services has gone cash free! We now can only accept payment on line using a debit or credit card or Paypal account. When you reach payment stage please select Paypal (regardless of your choice of payment method) and either log in to your Paypal account or select payment by debit/credit card. Cash or cheque payment can no longer be accepted other than for Adventure Island tickets which are available to purchase between 9.30am and 11am weekdays at the CLC (exc bank holidays/weekends).
General Booking Information
Please note the following information regarding booking activities:
To book an activity please select the tab at the top of the screen Bookable Activities or using the calendar facility on the home page or bookable activities page (select date of interest to you)
A list of the activities planned will be displayed, you can either scroll through the list to view all activities or if you have used the calendar displayed and search by date.
To read full details of an activity please click on the activity title. You will also find the booking form at the end of the activity description.
To book the activity you will need to create an account and new log in if you have not booked since Easter 2013. Please note when you initially register you will be asked to retrieve a password automatically sent to the email address you have stated. You will then need to use this password to complete creating your account. If you do not find an email in your inbox please check your SPAM/JUNK or PROMOTIONS TAB (GMAIL) mail as it may be there. If it does not arrive in your mailbox please call 01268 562879 preferably am weekdays.
Please note that the shopping basket facility allows you to make multiple bookings and payment for only one child at a time. You will have to start again for an additional child and do the same through to payment. SORRY BUT WE ARE NOT AMAZON!
Family Activities – activities listed as family (i.e. children must attend accompanied) you will have to complete the same booking form as for activities where you are leaving your children. This means that it will request information such as doctors details, medical allergies etc. Where possible just enter a “-“ rather than the requested info which will make completion quicker. This information is only vital for ES to ensure we have the correct info when you are leaving your child in our care.
If you have any queries or require support please contact Rachel on 01268 562879/07795972477. (office hours only please)
You can email us on: firstname.lastname@example.org
For each activity you book you will receive the following set of emails:
1. Booking Request Acknowledged: This email will confirm we have received your booking – this is not confirmation that the activity is going ahead
2. Booking Confirmed: This email will confirm that you have secured a place on the activity and it will be going ahead – full details of what child needs for the activity will be included in this email. No additional confirmations will be issued unless the activity requires specific instructions.
3. Booking Rejected: This email will be sent if a) your payment has not been authorised or b) participant numbers are too low for the activity to go ahead and therefor we will reject your booking and provide a refund via paypal/debit/credit card within 7 working days of the cancellation.
4. Booking Cancelled: This email will be sent if YOU cancel the activity booked on line, you no longer have to phone us to cancel an activity. Refunds will not be issued for bookings cancelled by the customer. This may only occur at the discression of the Wickford Extended Services team, please call Rachel Voller on 01268 562879 or email: email@example.com to discuss your reasons for cancellation.
5. Refunds for Activities Wickford Extended Services cancels. Should we need to cancel an activity due to undersubscription or the provider is unable to offer the activity then you will receive a refund within 7 working days to your original method of payment. This will be Debit/Credit card or paypal account. Cash or cheque payments can no longer be taken. Card payments cannot be taken in the office.
6. Payment: Cash or cheque payments can no longer be taken. Card payments cannot be taken in the office. Bookings can be paid for using Debit/Credit card or paypal. You will be directed to paypal to make payment using any of these methods, follow the instructions on the page. If you do not have access to these payment methods then we suggest you ask a relative or friend to make the booking payment for you and give them the cash or a cheque. Please remember to press FINISH (return to Wickford Extended Services) when your payment has been processed to ensure the booking enters our system.
7. Confirmation of attendance. If you have not received an email from us 24 hours before the activity you are booked on either confirming its going ahead or cancelling then please call 01268 562879 so we can help you.
8. Coach Trips: Please note coach trips are subsidised and offered at the lowest possible price available. To this end we use reliable coach companies whose fleets are all approved, safe and operational but we are not Kevendy’s! Some coaches may have air conditioning and a toilet – some may not. If the trip is longer than 1 hour and 45 minutes travel time there will be a comfort stop. Please book in the spirit the coach trips are intended and do not expect first class travel. Seats cannot be reserved on outbound or inbound journeys. Baby’s must sit on an adults lap if you are not purchasing a seat. Baby seats/carriers are not suitable for the seats as they are lap belts. Items can be stored in the coach luggage hold for travel including buggies, trollies, picnics etc and often items can be left on the coach for the duration of the trip.