Wickford Extended Services March 15 Update……………….
Welcome to Wickford Extended Services and Wickford CLC.
Wickford Extended Services is an out of school activity programme funded and delivered by the Wickford Schools. Extended Services is based at the Wickford CLC which is managed by the Wickford Primary & Special Schools to offer the children of Wickford a collaborative learning centre using technology and resources together with their peers from other primary schools in Wickford. The CLC is partially funded by additional lets for corporate and community organisations. For more information please call Rachel Voller, Wickford CLC Manager on 01268 562879.
If you need directions to the Wickford CLC please click the link CLC Directions 13 Normal Parking Wickford CLC, Grange Avenue, Wickford, Essex, SS12 0LZ 01268 562879
Extended Services Easter Holiday Activities for Children and Families in Wickford
Once again we will be delivering a fun packed programme of activities for all the family and your children to enjoy this Easter. Activities will run from Monday 30th March to Thursday 2nd April and from Tuesday 7th April to Friday 10th April. The activities will be uploaded for viewing and booking asap but will all be on by 16th March 2015. Newsletters will be distributed via book bags w/c 16th March 15. Lots of subsidised coach trips and sessional activities included. If you have any ideas for day trips or activities please let me know ASAp by emailing email@example.com.
Summer Programme will commence Tuesday 21st July through to Friday 21st August. We have decided to exclude the last week of the holidays as bookings for this week over the last few years have been much lower than other weeks. Once again any suggestions for activities please let us know.
Emotional Health and Well Being
Wickford Extended Services Youth Clubs at the Wickford CLC – open to any children living or attending school in Wickford. SPACES AVAILABLE – NEW OFFER – REDUCED WEEKLY ENTRY IF PAID IN ADVANCE
Weekly term time only, £2.50 per session if paid on the first week of opening each half term, for the subsequent half term (5, 6 or 7 weeks) otherwise the entry is £3.50 per week if paid weekly.. Your children can enjoy xbox, wii, karaoke, ipads, apple mac laptops, table tennis, pool, themed activities, crafts, cafe, lots of fun and great social atmosphere. £10 annual membership fee payable on second session.
Thursday Yr 3 to 5 – 3.30pm to 5.15pm, Thursday Yr 6/7/8 – 6.15pm to 8pm
Please call Rachel Voller on 01268 562879, registration form to be completed at first session.
Fantastic Party and Hire Options at the CLC — New party flyer coming out with your summer newsletter - check your child’s book bag.
Want a fantastic party for your child’s birthday? Wickford CLC offers a number of options for children’s parties to suit all ages, making use of the fantastic facilities and space the CLC has to offer including: Exclusive rate for Ziggy Zoo (children’s entertainer from 0 to teens), FOAM Party, Minecraft Party, Craft Party, Inflatables Party, Games Party and more .. Or just hire the hall and do your own thing, excellent venue for charity fundraising events, workshops, training and events – large hall costs £50 per hour and the smaller hall (up to 20 children) costs £40 per hour. Call Rachel Voller on 01268 562879 for more details and availability.
ADVENTURE ISLAND TICKETS
We will have a limited stock of Discounted Adventure Island Wristbands only . If you wish to purchase tickets please call the Wickford CLC on 01268 562879.
Blue Band £15.00 Green/Red £11.50 – cheque or cash only please (prices subject to change following next bulk purchase in time for Easter)
Information at your finger tips for services in Wickford for you and your family ….
NEW Parent Directory is now available to view, please click on Parent Support on the home page of the Wickford Extended Services website and then the link to the directory. Please note a new directory is currently being compiled, for inclusion please call Rachel Voller on 01268 562879.
USERNAME AND PASSWORD
If you cannot log in it may be your username that is wrong and not your password. If you cannot remember your username please call the Wickford CLC on 01268 562879. Again calls to reset usernames and passwords will only be taken during the hours of 9am and 11am during the holiday period. This is to help us manage the workload leading up to and during the holidays. A specific person will be available during 9am and 11am to help you. Please call again if you do not get through the first time. Password reminders are sent via the website when you request password reminder. Please check your spam or junk mail or promotions tab (gmail) if you are unable to find the email before calling. The email reminder will be immediate – please call if it does not turn up within half an hour of your request. At weekends please text Rachel Voller on 07795972477 to request a password reset and you will called to reset when convenient. We are small team behind a big project so please help us to be as efficient as possible by following these guidelines.
FREE SCHOOL MEAL DISCOUNT IMPORTANT PRE PLANNING REQUIRED - please note prices for Free School Meal discount are shown on each activity if available – please only select this price if you have been authorised to do so by Rachel Voller 01268 562879. Call prior to booking any activities if you are eligible for Free School Meal discount. FSM is not available on travel only coach trips but is available where there is a price for admission and travel (i.e. Thorpe Park) Price selection and total cost per booking is policed and your booking will be cancelled should you select the FSM price without authorisation. Due to the limitations of the software package used to run the scheme we are unable to offer a promotional code for FSM customers as originally intended.
SPECIAL NEEDS – ONE TO ONE SUPPORT – IMPORTANT – PRE PLANNING REQUIRED
If your child attends any school in Wickford (other than Castledon) and requires one to one support to be able to access an activity then help is available. Please call Rachel Voller on 01268 562879 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and details. Please call in advance of the schools closing where possible as approval for funding needs to be sought prior to you booking.
Extended Services goes cash free
Please note Wickford Extended Services has gone cash free! We now can only accept payment on line using a debit or credit card or Paypal account. When paying select Paypal and either log in to your Paypal account or select payment by debit/credit card. Cash or cheque payment can no longer be accepted.
General Booking Information
Please note the following information regarding booking activities:
To book an activity please select the tab at the top of the screen Bookable Activities
A list of the activities planned will be displayed, you can either scroll through the list to view all activities or use the calendar displayed and search by date.
To read full details of an activity please click on the activity title.
To book the activity you will need to create an account and new log in if you have not booked since Easter 2013. Please note when you initially register you will be asked to retrieve a password automatically sent to the email address you have stated. You will then need to use this password to complete creating your account. If you do not find an email in your inbox please check your SPAM/JUNK or PROMOTIONS TAB (GMAIL) mail as it may be there.
Please note that the shopping basket facility allows you to make multiple bookings and payment for only one child at a time. You will have to start again for an additional child and do the same through to payment. SORRY BUT WE ARE NOT AMAZON!
If you have any queries or require support please contact Rachel on 01268 562879/07795972477. (office hours only please)
You can email us on: email@example.com
For each activity you book you will receive the following set of emails:
1. Booking Request Acknowledged: This email will confirm we have received your booking – this is not confirmation that the activity is going ahead
2. Booking Confirmed: This email will confirm that you have secured a place on the activity and it will be going ahead – full details of what child needs for the activity will be included in this email. No additional confirmations will be issued unless the activity requires specific instructions.
3. Booking Rejected: This email will be sent if a) your payment has not been authorised or b) participant numbers are too low for the activity to go ahead and therefor we will reject your booking and provide a refund via paypal/debit/credit card.
4. Booking Cancelled: This email will be sent if YOU cancel the activity booked on line, you no longer have to phone us to cancel an activity. Refunds will not be issued for cancelled bookings only at the discression of the Wickford Extended Services team, please call Rachel Voller on 01268 562879 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your reasons for cancellation.
5. Refunds for Activities Wickford Extended Services cancels. Should we need to cancel an activity due to undersubscription or the provider is unable to offer the activity then you will receive a refund within one week (or as soon as possible) to your original method of payment. This will be Debit/Credit card or paypal account. Cash or cheque payments can no longer be taken. Card payments cannot be taken in the office.
6. Payment: Cash or cheque payments can no longer be taken. Card payments cannot be taken in the office. Bookings can be paid for using Debit/Credit card or paypal. You will be directed to paypal to make payment using any of these methods, follow the instructions on the page. If you do not have access to these payment methods then we suggest you ask a relative or friend to make the booking payment for you and give them the cash or a cheque. Please remember to press FINISH (return to Wickford Extended Services) when your payment has been processed to ensure the booking enters our system.
7. Confirmation of attendance. If you have not received an email from us 24 hours before the activity you are booked on either confirming its going ahead or cancelling then please call 01268 562879 so we can help you.
8. Coach Trips: Please note coach trips are subsidised and offered at the lowest possible price available. To this end we use reliable coach companies whose fleets are all approved, safe and operational but we are not Kevendy’s! Some coaches may have air conditioning and a toilet – some may not. If the trip is longer than 1 hour and 45 minutes travel time there will be a comfort stop. Please book in the spirit the coach trips are intended and do not expect first class travel. Seats cannot be reserved on outbound or inbound journeys. Baby’s must sit on an adults lap if you are not purchasing a seat. Baby seats/carriers are not suitable for the seats as they are lap belts. Items can be stored in the coach luggage hold for travel including buggies, trollies, picnics etc and often items can be left on the coach for the duration of the trip.